The London Notting Hill Carnival is one of the largest Carnivals in the World and the largest event in London. The event has taken place every year since 1964 on the streets of Notting Hill, through Westminster and the Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea, each August Bank Holiday weekend. The Carnival attracts over 1 million visitors.
McKenzie Arnold was successfully awarded the contract for the supply of the stewarding operation for Notting Hill Carnival in 2013 and has successfully delivered the stewarding operation to date.
In 2016 McKenzie Arnold delivered the following;
• 2,500 Steward shifts over the Carnival period
• Further developed stakeholder partnerships
• Provided welfare packs for all stewards including sunglasses, sun cream, waterproof macs and a lunch
• Further developed the already robust stewarding plan
•Developed Event wide communications over 4 square miles
• Reduced the pressure on the Police to manage the busy areas of carnival
• Delivered free NVQL2 spectator safety training to 20 carnivalists
•Provided a GPS tracking system to manage floats on the route
“The contribution and dedication of the MAG Management and Planning Team was invaluable in both the lead up to the event and in the implementation of the stewarding plan. They were able to offer alternatives and solutions in a challenging and often fluid planning process and were flexible enough in their approach to recognise developing issues and alter their approach accordingly. In what is traditionally one of the most challenging stewarding and security environments they shone through and their efforts and effectiveness were positively recognised by our partner agencies, particularly the Metropolitan Police Service.”
- London Notting Hill Carnival Enterprise Trust
The McKenzie Arnold Group are pleased to offer a new online course in Infection Prevention and Control, with a Covid-19 Module.
Faced with the new pandemic brought upon us by Covid-19, the MAG team have implemented solutions to overcome the new challenges.
Lhorie Goodin is our HR and Compliance Manager. Find out about her past role and what she gets up to in her spare time.